COVID-19 Emergency Tuition Assistance Fund
Foundations in Education received a generous contribution from an anonymous donor to be designated as a COVID-19 Emergency Tuition Assistance Fund for elementary school families in need. It is our greatest hope to keep our St. Rose School family intact so we encourage those current families who are experiencing the negative impact of COVID-19 due to job loss and other financial hardships to apply for this assistance.
Here's how the process works:
- Eligible K-8 families submit the application (found below) to request for tuition assistance to the Principal. In addition, families must complete the FACTS Grant and Aid application (if they have not already done so) and answer all questions applicable to the COVID-19 Emergency Assistance. The tax documentation requirement will be waived for applicants to COVID-19 Emergency Tuition Assistance. However, you may be required to verify employment status, change in income status or demonstrated impact attributed to the pandemic.
- The Principal will make an appeal to the Bishop's Scholarship Fund committee on each family's behalf, in the order in which applications are received.
- The committee will make award determinations bi-weekly based on severity of hardship until funds are no longer available. The first application deadline is Tuesday July 23, 2020; the first round of funds will be distributed Friday July 31, 2020.
Returning Family Registration 2021–2022
Registration for returning families begins December 15th, 2020, with a registration fee of $150. Starting January 31st, the day of our Open House, registration will be open to the general public, and the registration fee will increase to $250. If you have not registered by January 31st, we cannot guarantee a spot for you.
We are aware of the financial commitment that tuition places on many families. In response to this, the Diocese of Bridgeport offers tuition assistance through the Bishop’s Scholarship Fund. The application process opens February 1, 2021. Please apply promptly, as no applications will be accepted past the March 15th deadline. St. Rose School has some tuition aid available as well, but only for families who have applied first for the Bishop’s Scholarship Fund.
Please visit www.FACTSmgt.com/aid to fill out your application and submit supporting
Three Steps to Registration for the 2021-2022 year:
1. Register online through Rediker. Returning families should have recieved an email with a personalized
link to complete the registration process. There is a separate email and separate link for each child.
2. Follow the prompt at the end of the form on Rediker to pay the $150 registration fee (per family) online immediately by credit card, debit card, or e-check, directly through the registration form, or by paper check submitted to the office, attn: Admissions.
3. Log into your FACTS account ONLY if you wish to make a change in your payment
plan for the 2021-2022 year, or if you have another child entering St. Rose.
4. If you wish to help bridge the tuition GAP with an optional tax deductible payment of $2,058 per student, you will have the opportunity once you log in to your FACTS account.
If you have any questions about registration, please contact Mrs. Karen Coppola,
email@example.com or 203-426-5102 (ext 5). Our bookkeeper, Mr. Larry Rice, can assist
you with your FACTS account, firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-426-5102 (ext. 27).
Bishop's Scholarship Fund
Applications open February 1st and close March 15th for current families and April 15th for new familes. Please visit the website for the fund for details. https://www.foundationsineducation.org/bishops-scholarship-fund/
Important Registration Dates/Deadlines:
- Wednesday, December 15
- Current Family Registration Opens through Rediker. Registration between 12/15/20 and 1/30/21 - $150.00 per family
- Registration after January 31st - $250 per family
- Saturday, Jan 30th
- Deadline Current Family Registration. Payment $150.00
- Sunday, Jan 31st
- Registration Opens and Applications available to new families
- Sunday, Jan 31st
- Registration for current families increase. Payment is $250.00
- You risk losing your child’s spot in their class after this date.
- Saturday, Feb 1st
- Bishop Scholarship Fund Applications open
- Sunday, Mar 15th
- Bishop Scholarship Fund Deadline for current families
- Monday, Apr 15th
- Bishop Scholarship Fund Deadline for new families