At St. Rose of Lima School, we recognize the vital role that technology plays in every aspect of a student’s life. Our students begin computer instruction at an early age so they can utilize the latest technology for problem solving and critical thinking skills as they enter into the world of robotics, scientific exploration, art graphics and engineering by design.
Students are provided an opportunity to engage in well-defined cross-curricular projects using our state-of-the-art technology systems and tools. These include in-depth research and writing presentations, robotics design, video production, musical production, art graphic products.
St. Rose of Lima School students become proficient in:
- Presenting, tabulating, and explaining data
- Researching topics using credible world wide web resources
- Accurately and efficiently typing research and a knowledge of proper presentation formatting
- Knowing the interrelationship of various computer programs by importing and exporting data between applications
- Keyboarding skills
- Hardware engineering and software implementation concepts
- Developing the ability to problem-solve, think critically and communicate using technology
We are proud of the leading edge technology that our school offers to students, including:
- Desktop computers and tablets used by teachers for classroom instruction
- School-owned iPads for instruction of students in Grades K – 4
- Laptops in the writing/resource lab – A dedicated computer lab – SMARTboards in every classroom
- State-of-the art wireless infrastructure
- Brand new sets of Chromebooks and Smart TVs available for use in classrooms
Digital safety is a topic weighing heavily on our minds. We are committed to educating students about the responsibilities that come with technology. We host educational assemblies for students and parents, provide resources for parents and teachers, and have User Policy Agreements. A School Climate Committee reviews safety policies, including efforts to protect students from cyber bullying.Information regarding the seriousness of cyber bullying and the importance of cyber safety is available here. Resources include downloadable internet and cell phone use contracts. The National Crime Prevention Council provides a wide variety of topics regarding personal safety, including internet safety and information on cyber bullying.